There were coprolite diggings in nearby Billington from about 1871 but although, they continued in that area into the 1880s, no documentary evidence for them being worked in Eggington has come to light. It is possible, however, that some Eggington men gained employment in the Billington diggings but this was not evidenced in the 1861, 71, 81 or 1891 census . The evidence suggesting workings did take place in the parish was in Ivan O’Dell’s ”The Vanished Industry.” (Beds.Mag. 1951). It is possible that local farmers who found the deposit on the land had it exploited but left no official records.